Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Poor, poor, pitiful me

If I ever whine about my work, somebody please - SLAP me.

Hard.

I could be in a cubicle never seeing the light of day.

Or hollering out the drive-up window: Do you want fries with that?

But instead, I am sitting in my summer office doing what I love. My summer office is heaven. (I live in New England. Summer lasts about 4 days....so my summer office is even more special.)

Here is a tour of my summer office:


My special notebook, ready and waiting:

My desk:

A dog at my feet under the desk:

A cat in a chair at the desk:

A fern, because all screened porches, um, I mean, offices, must have a fern:

A sofa in case someone wants to nap:

A dog on the sofa napping:

Chairs for the reporters from all those newspapers and magazines who want to interview me:

A hummingbird feeder:

A hutch to hold the iPod that is playing Poor, Poor Pitiful Me by Linda Ronstadt:

A well-stocked refrigerator:

A coat rack to hold garden hat and barbecue mitts and other important office stuff:

A heater for cold nights (hey, this is New England, folks):
Not a bad gig, huh?

I love my job.

No comments: