Wednesday, July 18, 2007

Beating around the bush

I'm at that frustrating part during the process of trying to tell a story when you know where you want to go but you keep beating around the bush getting there.

I had talked to myself about the going-nowhere creek scene...

...but I had to go back to that creek today because that's where SOMETHING IS FINALLY GOING TO HAPPEN.

The problem is....I keep beating around the bush - again.

Me: But I've got to tell the reader about that girl and how she wears tap shoes.

The other me: Just get there, would ya?

Me: But I've got to show the brothers fighting and all.

The other me: Just get there, would ya?

Me: But, but, but......

The other me: Would you GET THERE already!? Sheesh.

So - guess what?

I finally got there.

Something happened.

No comments: