Friday, August 31, 2007

Memories

One of my favorite books as a child was The Pink Motel by Carol Ryrie Brink.

Now, I confess that I barely remember the story - but I DO remember that one thing I absolutely loved about that book was the cover.

Thanks to the miracle that is eBay, I nabbed a copy and every time I see the cover, I feel like I'm ten again.

I just love those little pink cottages and the flamingos and that family.


Now look at this nasty old cover. Eeeyew. What the heck are those kids doing, anyway? Wrestling alligators, I think. Why'd they have to go and ruin it for me....?

3 comments:

Sarah Miller said...

Wait -- she wrote Caddie Woodlawn, too, right? I'll be danged.

Barbara O'Connor said...

Right! (Which I've never read, by the way!)

Erin said...

You just brought back a boatload of memories for me, too! I adored that book (thankfully they copy I read had the CUTE cover) when I was, yes, probably about 10.