Thursday, October 18, 2007

These kids get it

I was at a school in Tampa last week where the kids had made a banner showing writing elements from Fame and Glory in Freedom, Georgia.


Personification: I saw doubt dance all over his face.
Strong verbs: ambled, marched perched, hunched, chuckled, flicked, whooshing, admire



Repetition: Then I lay there and thought some more. I thought and thought and thought.



Hyphens: "But Miss-Nag-Me-to-Death-and-Spend-All-My-Money-in-One-Day would have been more like it."



Onomatopoeia: Clang, clang, clang went the bags as he headed our way.



Metaphor: A little tornado of excitement was whirling around in my stomach.



Metaphor: He looked like a big gust of wind had come along and blown away that big black cloud that had been hovering there over his head.

No comments: