Friday, February 15, 2008

Dear Nicholas Cage

Mr. Cage: I have a feeling that mean ole Kathleen Turner is telling a big fat fib.

I mean, you, stealing a dog!?

It can't be true.

I read your response: I have never been arrested for anything in my life, nor have I stolen a dog.

I believe you.

But, um, just in case you are thinking of stealing a dog, I'm sending you a copy of How to Steal a Dog.

It might give you some good tips.

Sincerely yours,
Barbara O'Connor

P.S. to all blog-readers: This is giving me a big ole case of deja vu. I read a book not long ago with a character (Irish?) who had a crush on Nicholas Cage and wrote him letters. She lived beside (over?) a diner. Now it's driving me nuts that I can't think of the name of it. Anyone? Bueller? Anyone?

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I don't know about the novel, Barbara, but I sincerely hope you're serious about sending Mr. Cage a copy of your book!