Monday, March 31, 2008

Doing it right

I hereby present Hampden Meadows Elementary School with the School-That-Knows-How-to-Do-It-Right Award.

Librarian Jane Austin could have written this post.

She did everything right.

The result?

One of the best school visits ever.

The kids were smart, funny, engaged, polite, friendly, interesting, interested, creative and PREPARED.

The teachers were 100% on board with the program.

Jane later wrote to me: "The children loved meeting you and hearing about your books. They learned so much from you about improving their writing. At 3:00 yesterday I was inundated with requests for all of your books."

Improved writing and excitement about reading?

Mission accomplished.

High five, Hampden Meadows!

Ms. Ginalski's class


Ms. Bailey's class

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I thought that How to Steal dog was a great book!!!!!!!!!!
Keep writing!!!!!

Anonymous said...

HOW TO STEAL A DOG WAS A GREAT BOOK. I FEEL BAD FOR THE HAYES FAMILY. I AGREE THAT THE STORY ENDED WELL, WHEN NOTHING WAS STINKING AT ALL AND HONEYSUCKLE WAS IN THE AIR.