Tuesday, December 30, 2008

Favorite Books

My favorite middle grade books* read (not necessarily published) in 2008.

Some of these are all about the writing.
Some of them are all about the story.
And some of them are all about both.


Alvin Ho Allergic to Girls, School and Other Scary Things
by Lenore Look

The Broken Bike Boy and the Queen of 33rd Street
by Sharon Flake


Chains
by Laurie Halse Anderson


The Goose Girl
by Shannon Hale


Jessie's Mountain
by Kerry Madden


Moxy Maxwell Does Not Love Writing Thank-You Notes
by Peggy Gifford


There's a Boy in the Girls' Bathroom
by Louis Sachar


The Underneath
by Kathi Appelt

*I actually consider Chains to be YA, but I think the rest of the world considers it middle gradish? I'd rather see it win the Printz than the Newbery. But that's just me.

1 comment:

Laurie said...

Thanks!

I've added these to my hold list at the library.

Can't wait to pick them up.