Friday, February 27, 2009

In a pickle

I don't know about y'all, but I have plenty of other things to do besides clean out my refrigerator.

But eventually, there comes a time when it just has to be done.

This activity can be a little shocking.

You know....those things you discover in there....

The bottle of mint sauce that expired 2 years ago.

The 8 bottles of nonfat salad dressing that nobody likes.

The mystery thing wrapped in foil.

And then, there's the stuck pickle jar.


That's right....that jar of pickles was stuck to the shelf...

AND I MEAN STUCK!

It would NOT budge.

Stuck like CEE-ment (as they say down South).

I had to pour boiling water on it to get it off.

My husband bought those pickles last summer at a flea market in Maine.

All I've got to say is, if he's planning on eating them, I hope his life insurance policy is paid up.

2 comments:

Karen said...

Even with a stuck like CEE-ment pickle jar, I am amazed at how clean your frig is!! This needs cleaning?? Really?? :)

Janet, said...

That's so funny. It's happened to me before. And you must have cleaned your fridge before shooting the picture.