Tuesday, November 23, 2010

NCTE Orlando Part 1


Arrived in sunny Orlando for the NCTE annual conference, checked into hotel and was greeted by the Mickey Mouse (towels) on my bed:



Can you find Mickey Mouse on the shower curtain?





Then I made a quick sweep of the exhibit area and ran into some familiar faces:


Me and Little Brown editor, Alvina Ling


Me, Peepy, and author Lisa Yee



Me and Peepy


Me and Dial/Penguin editor, Kathy Dawson


That night, I attended a wonderful Macmillan-hosted dinner with teachers and other children's literature folks.

Me and Elaine Magliaro.
(Elaine and I had been on the same 2-hour delayed flight from Boston)


Me and my pal, teacher, blogger Karen Terlecky from Dublin, Ohio



Denise Johnson, professor of children's literature; College of William and Mary (left) me and Virginia teacher Amy Moser




2 comments:

Elaine Magliaro said...

Barbara,

I hope you had better luck on your flight back home. I did...fortunately. Can't wait to read "The Fantastic Secret of Owen Jester."

Danette Haworth said...

Hi Barbara!

NCTE was excellent! So many people and so much to do! I hope our paths cross next time. I saw Lisa, and you saw Lisa, so that's one degree of separation!