Wednesday, November 24, 2010

NCTE Orlando Part 2

The next morning, I FINALLY got to meet my dear friend, Kirby Larson.

Kirby and I have been friends for years now but have never met in person!
I could have spent all day talking to her.
We have decided that we MUST figure out something we can do together in the future.

Here she is wearing her fabulous 40's hat in honor of her Dear America book, The Fences Between Us.


Kirby Larson (left) and me


So, of course, I had to try on her fabulous hat:



Here is Kirby in her 40's dress:


While we were chatting, my pal Karen Terlecky came by and joined in the fun. (Doesn't Kirby look diabolical here?



Next I headed over to the Macmillan booth for my signing.

Me and Jack Gantos


My last event was a "speed booktalking" session for the 2010 Notable Children's Books (which included The Small Adventure of Popeye and Elvis)



And then....home....with two empty seats beside me!

No comments: