Monday, April 1, 2013

A Big Shout-Out to Hampden Meadows


I've been lucky to have been invited to Hampden Meadows Elementary School in Barrington, Rhode Island, for quite a few years now.

It's one of those schools that does everything right and makes my visit so special for the students, the staff, and ME!

I went back last week and it was as wonderful as always.

A lovely greeting at the front door.
 The students had been busy making projects to display throughout the school!

They drew pictures of some of the characters in my books.

The drawings included the physical description, character traits, hobbies and interests, and facts about each character.

Nearly every window was covered with drawings.

 
Some of the classes had made charts showing key elements of each book. I think they did a great job!


Mrs. Burgess's class had a discussion after my presentation and brainstormed things they liked, learned and will remember. (I like that they think I'm "sparkly.")
When I visited Ms. Roy's class, the students showed me which books they were reading.

Some more thoughtful art brought to the presentation to show me.
One student wrote a poem about one of my books and read it to me!!! Such a treat.



They even presented me with a basket of beautiful daffodils!
 

Thank you to librarian extraordinaire, Mrs. Austin, and the students and staff for making my visit so special.

And now.....here they are....the fantastic students and staff of Hampden Meadows Elementary School!!



















No comments: