Monday, May 6, 2013

Dorothy Canfield Fisher Conference

This past weekend, I had the honor of speaking at the Vermont Dorothy Canfield Fisher Conference.

Unfortunately, it was held at a place that had a really lousy view:



But I got over my disappointment and had a lovely dinner with members of the committees:


And I finally got to meet, play with, dine with, laugh with the amazing, Grace Worcester Greene, Youth Services Consultant for Vermont Public Libraries. (Thank you, Grace, for everything.)

Grace Worcester Greene (left) and me

AND, I finally got to meet the UBER talented author Kate Messner. (Kate, HOW do you do it all???)

Kate Messner (left) and me
Signing books with Kate Messner (left)
Me looking kind of stupid at the signing.
Me saying some really deep, intelligent and important things (like redneck jokes).
Me with some of the great kids who did presentations at the conference.
And I took some pics of some of this year's nominees for the Dorothy Canfield Fisher Award (I'm looking at YOU, Scattergood, Pyron, Knowles, Hunt...and others):





You can see the complete list HERE.


Many thanks to the Vermont gang who made that day so special.

3 comments:

Jo Knowles said...

Hooray! You and Kate are two of my favorite people. What a day!

xx

Lynda Mullaly Hunt said...


Thank you, Barbara! When I saw the picture of you and Kate, I thought, Wow, that's a LOT of talent right there!

Looks like a great event! Thanks for sharing :-)

Traci Eaton said...

Barbara,
It was amazing meeting you. It was so,great to hear about your writing process. As a true Louisiana redneck, I loved your jokes.