Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Two Things on Tuesday


I will pick up the hook.
You will see something new.
Two things. And I call them
Thing One and Thing Two
(Dr. Seuss; The Cat in the Hat)


 Thing One

Writing advice from Kurt Vonnegut:

Start as close to the end as possible.

  Think about it.

That's really good advice.


Thing Two

My heart's home is the Smoky Mountains. 
I have so many wonderful memories from time spent there during my childhood.

Six years ago (yes, that's right...SIX YEARS AGO) I talked about it HERE.

So I'm pretty excited that my husband and I just bought a house there and will someday move. 

A bit of a  nerve-wracking experience.

But I'm one of those superstitious types. I believe in good signs and bad signs and all that stuff.

There are some good signs here.

First of all, I was in the right place at the right time. The house hadn't even gone on the market yet. But I was there. Right time.

Next, the address is 27.

27 is our family's lucky number.

My son was born on the 27th.

Our current home address is 27.

Next....the bird nest.

I love to collect things. One of the things I collect is bird nests.









So imagine how happy I was when this was waiting on the steps of our new Smoky Mountain house!


 

So....a good sign? I think so.

1 comment:

Sharon Creech said...

Ooh, yes, good signs!! xx