Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Two Things on Tuesday



Thing One

I love this so much.

Translation: I am good at readin'




Thing Two

A long, long time ago, I had an idea for a book that involved little boats sent sailing down a creek.

I wanted the boats to be cool. But I'm not too cool. 

So I was thrilled to get help from a cool dude from Maine who made a boat from a Yoohoo drink box.

Here is the original Yoohoo boat made by Ben from Maine:

 


I love that there is a race car stashed inside.

I asked Ben how to make one and here is what he said:
First I put the straw in and drank it.  Then I unfolded the top to be the front of the boat.  Then I cut out the top right side.  I didn't use any glue or tape.

Since then, I have had the great pleasure of seeing Yoohoo boat art made by student from all over the country. 









This was a painting done by a teacher in Wilton, CT!!













 

No comments: