Tuesday, February 7, 2017

A Fantastic Author Visit

I had an amazing author visit to Paris Elementary School in Taylors, South Carolina, today.

You know it's going to be a good day when you are greeted with this sign outside the school.

And another one inside the school!
Students in Mrs. Boebel's class.
With my new BFF, Mrs. Boebel


Students in Mrs. Boebel's class wrote and performed a skit of How to Steal a Dog
I love the set they made for their skit.

Khamari, Aydan, Reid and Cooper performed an original rap for me. I LOVED it. My favorite line was: "She is the best I see. She's better than Jeff Kinney."



And as if that wasn't enough, they showered me with gifts!!

THE most amazing decoupaged birdhouse you've ever seen!!!




 
 
The amazing Mrs. Boebel


The birdhouse now has a place of honor in my office to remind me of this wonderful day:



They gave me trail mix cookie mix in Bertha's canning jar (from Wish)

And gummy worms to thank me for making them bookworms!



Even Martha and Ruby got gifts.

 
Thank you to the thoughtful student who gave me these to keep the dogs safe in the car!


Waiting patiently for their cookie. (Thank you, Kylie!)

Ruby loved the toy.
 And flowers


Thank you, Paris Elementary, for this amazing day!!!
 

4 comments:

Unknown said...

You are the best, the best I see, you are better than Jeff Kinney!!!!!!! Thank you so much for visiting our school and my children. You made them believe that they could actually be writers. You were amazing! Love and hugs-Nicol

Anonymous said...

You certainly made an impact on my daughter. Thank you so much for visiting Ms. Boebel's class.

Anonymous said...

Thank you for sharing those pictures and your thoughts about this special day. Those Paris kids have anxiously been awaiting your visit ... they were so disappointed when the snow day happened and your visit had to be cancelled. Thank you for being a wonderful role model and inspiration to those students in Ms Boebel's class, including my daughter!

Augusta Scattergood said...

This could take the prize for school visits. That birdhouse! Oh my!